The Alliance Jiu Jitsu Methodoly
From the White Belt to the Black Belt
At Alliance Key Biscayne we strive to help students get the most out of their training. For students with consistency and dedication, Jiu-Jitsu becomes a life-style and students can readily enjoy all the benefits Jiu-Jitsu or the “Gentle Art”.
Working from the assumption that Jiu-Jitsu must be embraced as a lifelong journey, Alliance Key Biscayne has designed an effective learning plan or program of study that allows for students to naturally progress from the White Belt to the Black Belt. Thus, classes and their respective curriculum at Alliance are not isolated from one another, but elements of a larger structured learning plan called “Alliance Programs”.
Alliance Programs are comprised of six (6) main elements:
- Curriculums: Set of coordinated techniques organized in the best possible way to facilitate students’ learning processes.
- Pre-requisite: The minimum level a student must possess or have accomplished in order to enroll in a specific program.
- Class: The defined period of time during which the student learns the techniques that comprise the curricula using several different training methods or appropriate instructional techniques.
- Training Methods: Specific drills and training practices designed to convert the knowledge represented in the curricula and taught by the instructor into knowledge and skills, insuring that the student is able to apply their knowledge and techniques under real circumstances (or under authentic conditions).
- Minimum Attendance: minimum attendance required from the student so him or her can progress and be updated with the Alliance Curriculums.
- Belt System: Hierarchical rank structure designed to represent students’ progress, according to their own potential.
All Alliance students have the dream of becoming a Black Belt. However, this is not an easy goal and a lot of consistency and dedication is required. To fulfill the promise of facilitating students’ learning, Alliance Programs are structured logically to keep students motivated to learn, practice and perform.
A typical Alliance Key Biscayne student starts with an introductory class, where he or she will learn the overall self-defense strategy of Jiu-Jitsu and afterwards enroll in the Fundamental Program. After four (4) months of training and learning all the techniques comprising the curriculum, the student will be recommended to join the Intermediate Program. With eight (8) months of training and experience, the student will have the maturity level and enough knowledge to enroll on the Advanced Program. It is in the Advanced Program where he or she will be exposed to all kinds of training dynamics, including MMA, No-Gi and high level Gi, so that the student develops his or her own Jiu-Jitsu game, strategy and techniques.
Jiu-Jitsu is a beautiful art and everyone is capable of learning it and enjoying its many benefits. Alliance Programs reflect more than thirty (30) years teaching experience and have succeeded in improving the quality of life, self-esteem, discipline and health of tens of thousands of individuals around the world, as well as building some of the best Jiu-Jitsu fighters ever known.